The term “fantasy sports” is not unfamiliar in this era. This term is used to refer to online games where people/users can create their own virtual sports teams and participate in tournaments, and leagues organized by the game that emulate the real-world environment and conditions of the game. It generally comprises the proxies of the real sportspersons of the professional sports.
Table of Content
- How do fantasy sports apps work?
- Statistics of Fantasy Sports Market?
- What are the latest features to include in a fantasy sports app?
- What Market trends drive the future of fantasy sports?
- 01. Technological Advancement
- 02. Rise in Investments
- 03. Arrival of new Games
- Conclusion – The final words!
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
So, unsurprisingly cricket has become the first fantasy sports obsession, especially in India. The sports application development business has also grown through leaps and bounds after the arrival of fantasy sports games in 2008. Also, it went on to collect the coveted title sponsorship of IPL ‘20, heralding them to the big leagues,’ clearly Fantasy Gaming has become a huge profit-making game and is continuously growing.
How do fantasy sports apps work?
Statistics of Fantasy Sports Market?
- As we all know India and USA are the major GEOs of fantasy sports. However, it also makes sense to try and test other regions promoting fantasy sports that boast lower market competition and cheaper traffic costs.
- India keeps displaying their enthusiasm for their favorite fantasy sports and remains constantly engaged with it even though it’s virtual.
- Around 85% of 18 million fantasy sports players in India are interested and engaged in playing fantasy cricket which is scattered around 300 fantasy sports players.
- Because of the gaming schedule introduced by the NFL, American football has reached the top in the USA and is a lot easier to follow. There are 16 fantasy sports games in a season of the NFL every Sunday, while on the other hand, MLB has 162 matches every single night.
- Though fantasy sports is not just a niche interest anymore, the forecast states that this industry has become a trend with significant promotion opportunities as its budget keeps rising at rapid speed annually and now it has surpassed $22 billion.
- There’s an extensive choice of offers thanks to the various app types including season-long fantasy, daily fantasy sports, niche sports, and social fantasy apps.
What are the latest features to include in a fantasy sports app?
The popularity of fantasy sports keeps rising and there are high chances it will be more popular in 2024. Features play an important role in making fantasy sports apps so popular.
Here are some advanced and trending features in fantasy sports app
- Dashboard: It is an important feature for any fantasy sports app as it shows the administrator unique statistical figures from a series of completed matches or tournaments. Along with other important details, It also displays the records related to the general diversity of fantasy sports players and the total amount of profit earned with the help of clients within the app.
- Player Stats: It is another important feature that needs to be added to every fantasy sports software. It’s crucial to include a player’s profile which displays all the pertinent information about the payer in any fantasy sports application. It’s easier to find the perfect player for your fantasy team by taking a look at the player profile.
- Quiz: It is an interesting way to engage players in your fantasy sports application. Adding quizzes makes the sport much more enjoyable. Users can test their sports knowledge by answering these quizzes. Besides that, one of the benefits of fantasy sports quizzes is that they also earn rewards and cash prizes for answering correctly in a proper way.
- Achievements Badges: An achievement badge is a major component that is responsible for the increase in user retention on the fantasy sports app. Users are more likely to revisit the sites which have a badge linked to their profile. Moreover, with the ability to publish achievement badges on social media platforms, it may reach a level higher.
- Loyalty Programs: Reward programs and gamification play a crucial role in attracting users and keeping them engaged in the hypercompetitive market of fantasy sports. It might be a point-based system that offers rewards and bonuses to the users for playing some specific games or achievement badges that they can share on social media platforms and sites.
Other than the above mentioned features, check out others as well:
- Manage tournaments
- Manage rewards
- User management
- Profit management
- Login/create tournaments
- users find friends Settings
- link bank account
- Withdraw earnings
- Analytics Report
- My tournaments
- Analytics Report
- In-app Chat
- Push notifications
- Referral bonus
- API integration
- Payment integration
- Commentary feed
- Create new group
- CRM integration
- Live streaming
- Score predictions
What Market trends drive the future of fantasy sports?
Rise in Investments
Arrival of new Games
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Let’s clear your doubts about the industry by checking the frequently asked questions. If you have to ask something, Comment down your queries!